Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bedroom

Okay, so this is my bedroom. It still has a loooooong way to go, but I love it so far. Ive moved things around so many times and this arrangement looks and feels the best (to me).





1. I NEED curtains, I LOATHE these blind thingies. With a passion. On the left wall I made a cork board picture holder thing (I'm not too good with words today apparently) It was so easy, just took a frame, painted it, glued some fabric over cork board and done!
Almost all of my furniture comes from Ikea, well just my bed frame, side table on the right and the lamp.
I was given (stole, no not really.) the side table from my mom (on the left) and painted it white, I need to go over it with a semi-gloss because the matte feels kinda rough (that's what you get for not sanding!)
I need some more pillowcases, seeing the picture now the ones i have just look funny.





My closet doors are so boring! Id like to add some molding, or something to make it less blah. You can see the wall on the right side of my bed in the mirror. And the believe sign above my closet is centered, I promise! ( I got it on sale at Joann's for like 50 or 75% off!)





The wall opposite of my bed. I loooove my desk, its so simple and my dad stained it for me about 10 years ago? Love love love. And the chair (which needs to be painted) I got at a thrift store for $5!!! Its in really good condition, and very sturdy. One of my best finds so far. Calendar and cork board are a must. The woven box to the left holds my scarves.
On my desk you can see my little net book. Sadly this is my main computer at the moment, which is my fault, I broke/ruined 2 in about a month =/
I'm hoping to get a macbook soon, but that is not likely to happen unless some kind stranger decides to give me one, or I win the lottery- which I don't play....
I still love it though, its so light weight and does everything I need it to, I can throw it in my purse and go! I just prefer to work on a bigger screen.
The over the door shoe holder is not my favorite but it does the job, and my door is open most of the time so I don't have to see it.
I got the wall hooks (you can only see 1, there are 2) at Urban's after Christmas's sale for $2.50 each! Originally $11 each! And There is another hook on the right side of my desk that I got at urban a few weeks ago for just $1.99 I've started to looove hooks, no idea why, I'm going to slowly transfer my love to door knobs and drawer knobs.


And finally the right wall. Booooooring.
I need something for that wall, Ive got a few ideas, but it will take some time.
Another Ikea paper lamp in the upper right hand corner. I love their paper lamps, the light they give is so soft but luminous lol
Oh! and my comforter! I got it from Target on sale for $30-$40? I cant remember. But I absolutely adore it.
And you can see my icky carpet. I hate carpet...wait, I DISLIKE it, hate is too harsh.
Okay there we go....my room, where I spend a lot of time.
Its not perfect, its not gorgeous, It needs some work, but it works for me and I'm happy with it.
My lonely little blog needs some love......
It kinda feels like I'm talking to myself in a giant auditorium, with my voice echoing.
Or that I'm the new kid in school, that just moved to the town, in the middle of the school year.
I promise I'm nice...
-Ashley Marie

1 comment:

  1. ok, I am trying to follow you but something is not working, I will have to try again latter.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete